Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What the beach can do...

So I've started to write a new post quite a few times now... but to no avail...
Let's just say that life comes and comes and keeps coming. But a fresh breath of air is there for you when spending a few moments with Christ.
Hecticness is up and going, but I know that more is to come because my fall schedule still isn't in full swing yet. ... by that, I mean that Young Life hasn't kicked off for the year yet. I have been busy trying to pursue some girls this summer, but its just not the same as the school year.
So far this year I've made it out to a football game, volleball game, and 2 days of lunches. And they've all been fantastic! Its so great to see how God is backing me up and showing me that though the year, and these girls, may be tough, He's there, watching me follow His plan and trying to show these girls what a wonderful path it is to live on.
We had our Young Life leaders beach retreat this past weekend, and it was so encouraging to see approximately 30 of us crammed in a little, old house, all for the same reason... coming together to pray, worship, fellowship, encourage, and plan to go out and meet Pitt County high schoolers right where they are and to live as an example of Christ in their lives. I was thrilled that this trip came together, because I can already tell a difference in this year and last year, when we never had the chance to share that weekend together. God is going to do great things as long as we continue to live for Him and surrender to His amazing love.
Please pray for me and my brothers and sisters in this ministry!
Grace and love...

2 comments:

Quinn said...

you have a pretty heart.

Ladson's Mom said...

baird...lots of 'grownups' will tell you that 'young people' would do well to sit back and listen to the wisdom of those of us who've lived a bit...but your writing here shows me that we could learn a lot from you! thanks for your 'pretty heart' (thanks quinn - well said!)

i was just reminded that all my busy-ness is sinking sand without spending time in God's Word and listening to His Voice for my strength...thank you for the visual reminder!