Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Home means family

Home has been spectacular. 
Resting is something that I don't do often, so I try not to take it for granted. 
I've really enjoyed this break though...for the first time in years I feel like I'm not finding something to occupy every second of my day/finding ways to be away from the house.
Its never been that I don't want to see my family, its just that I seemed to put my friends above m family....and that needed a change. 
 I've realized more and more each break that time with my family is important...Maybe its since I don't get to come home as much, or just because I'm older, or because this is the first time my entire family has been in the house for more than 2 days in years(!), or because I've seen how friendships change---without my home life changing. 
I've seen a quite a few friends, and that time has been precious, but just being around the house has been the best of all. 
The holidays were wonderful to spend time with more family, but I am winding down on my days in Shelby.  I'll be leaving Wednesday morning to go to Memphis with friends for ECU's bowl game.  I'll be home on the 3rd, but leave again on the 5th to go to Raleigh before flying out to Colorado.  (I know, I'm such a jet-setter).
Time for me to soak up these last few days of spending time with ALL my family. 

2 comments:

Quinn said...

oh yes! family chill time= awesome. i love it!
family+the office (season 3)=best of all!! hahah. jk. but not really. :)

Sandra Anastasia said...

One weekkk!!