Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes Part 2

Last week when I was driving Mac home from school, we had some really fun interactions. He's normally very calm and not very talkative in the afternoons, but this day he was something else!
I was taking him to Toys R Us to spend some of his birthday money.. as we pulled into the parking lot, I made a smart comment about him buying something from Babys R Us instead.
He responded: I could get something from there for my girlfriend...she's a baby.
me: Mac, that's not a nice thing to say about your girlfriend!
Mac: Well she acts like one.
Me: How so
Mac: She just does. But everyone in our class says we're going to get married and have a baby. When we say we aren't and argue back, they say, 'that's right, you're going to adopt'
Me: Whooooa you don't need to think about getting married yet, you're only in 4th grade, I'M not even thinking about that and I'm in college!
Mac: I know. But if we were go get married, it would work because we're both on the same timeline
Me: What do you mean?
Mac: We're both ten.

Not sure what that last bit means.. but okay!
The following day he gets in the car and after a few minutes I ask:
Did you talk to your girlfriend today?
Mac: Yeah, I'm thinking about breaking up with her
Me: What? Why?
Mac: I don't know
Me: You don't?
Mac: Well, she is attracted to my other friend and he makes her laugh more, so I think she likes him now.

Oh 4th grade love.

1 comment:

Heather said...

thats hilarious! I wish I was a kid again and everything didn't really matter too much :)