Friday, July 11, 2008

Changes


Its funny to think back over the past three years. Three years ago I was looking forward to my senior year of high school. My dreams and aspirations are so different from what they are now. I just looked back through my xanga postings at this time in 2005. One cool thing is that I had recently gotten back from my first trip to a summer Young Life camp. Now, three years later I am about to go on my first summer camp experience as a leader! So exciting.

I have been reflecting on where I was with my walk at different stages in my life recently in hopes to connect with more of my South Central girls where they are. We've been where they are, so we need to reach down to them and try to lead them on the path that has served us in such an awesome way.


Even looking to last year or two, I can see how much of a change has taken place in my life and those around me. College is crazy in how much you mature.... or don't mature.


I encourage you to look back and see what has led you to the place you are now. Reach out to those who are where you were recently. Ryan Eaton and I talked about this the other day---how we look up to the elders in churches and older Christians to model our lives after theirs. We get the honor of being that to those younger than us. So talk to the Lord and ask him to prepare you in ways that you can't even imagine. Ask him to point out turning points in your life that you can share. Our lives define us. You can't just push your past away.




here are two great pictures from November of freshman year. Mike and me out to dinner for his birthday. :)
And Aaron and I at West End for a Friday Night Hang Out.
Funny how these guys were both fun people to hang out with freshman year, but who would have guessed that became so important in my life??
Awesome.

3 comments:

Mister Jinngles said...

Awesome blog baird. Freaking awesome.

Baird said...

Ohhhh Xanga all those years back. Too bad we wouldn't be friends in high school. Although, I'm glad we are now. :)

Baird said...

Haha, whoops...I stole your identity. Mwahaha.

<3 Sandy on Baird's laptop