Friday, February 20, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes

I love hearing the comments that come out of the mouths of kids! They can be soo funny and a wonderful source of continuous entertainment. This week I got a few good doses of laughter from the boys I babysit. Here are a few that truly made my days:

I called Jennie, an amazing woman on my YL team, to wish her a happy birthday. I ended up leaving a message on her voicemail, and in the midst of it said that I had tried to get Flo-Rida to come perform for her, but he was all booked. (She loves some Flo-Rida). After I hung up, Mac (9 years old) says, "How did you get Flo-Rida's phone number? I laughed and said that I was just joking when I said that. He said, "Oh (pause.....) Will SHE know that its a joke?"

The next day (when the dictionary incident occured--see previous entry) Mac was asking me if I could help him on his homework once we got home. This is normal since I help him most days, but the way he asked me wasn't..."Miss Baird, are you like a dicitionary?" "Umm..what do you mean like a dictionary." "You know, are you like a dictionary, do you know a lot of stuff?"

Precious precious.

1 comment:

Quinn said...

oh yes, i wish you could have heard some of the things that used to come out of your mouth when you were a wee one.