Monday, February 9, 2009

Psalm 62

Psalm 62:2 Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

This was part of my devotional this morning, and I have already seen it working. Mondays are usually the most hectic days of my week... and this one was shaping up to be even more hectic with usual with a lot of last minute complications with club... but God is steadfast and always by our sides. To show me that he will not let me be shaken or thrown down like a leaning wall or tottering fence (v. 3) he has given me the day off from babysitting.. freeing up 2.5 hours, and let me out of Neuroscience 30 minutes early to get things done here.

Verse 2 is repeated in verse 6.. just to remind us and emphasize that nothing will bring us down with God as our rock.

Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. (62:8)

4 comments:

Quinn said...

wooo! I have a feeling God is going to do wonderful things tonight "through Him who is able to do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine..." Ephesians 3:20. I heard that multiple times yesterday, so thankfully it's kinda stuck in my brain now. I'm excited about tonight. Fur sure.

Quinn said...

p.s. Tears were coming out of my eyes as I wrote that while im in the library. hahaha. weirdo.

Sandra Anastasia said...

I think God knew that not only you needed that verse today, but myself as well.

Thanks God. :)

Katie Smith said...

That is honestly exactly what I've needed the past few days. Baird, the Lord is using you! Praise Him for that!