Thursday, March 5, 2009

Spring Break


So my plans still aren't set for spring break... and it begins tomorrow. Now that's what I call procrastination. Or lack of interesting things to do.


I was hoping to take part in Extreme Makeover Home Edition out in eastern NC..but apparently its too late to sign up or something... that baffles me because I feel like they need just about as many people as they could ever ask for. Oh well. If I get to help, I will.


If this falls through though, you better believe I'm not staying in Greenville for long. The mountains are calling me home. I haven't been home since Jan 4th or something like that.... so its due time. But honestly-one of the things I miss the most about home is the beauty all around me. I miss seeing elevation changes for goodness sakes!!


Flatness is not that intriguing. Show me some hillsides and valleys... let me see towering mountains in the distance...as I'm driving down the road, let me get lost in what lies ahead.


Anyone up for a hike next week?

This was taken in Haywood County, NC. So yes. I love the NC mountains. :)

2 comments:

Quinn said...

i found out that Florida is the flattest state, however, "Some attribute Delaware to being flattest because it ranges from sea level to 450 feet, but because of its small size, its elevation change per area is more than the others."
geeze. I've only been mountain hiking a total of probably 3 times in my life. I would gladly be up for hiking with you, but I think I'd be like 5 miles in your dust trail. haha

My salvation lies in your love said...

Girl, I'm in the same boat. But I'm most likely going to be in Shelby. So YES! I WANT TO GO HIKING!!!!